We will be open on Friday 31st July at Horntye Park!
We couldn’t be happier to welcome you back into the classroom to enjoy our fun Kung Fu classes in person. There are a variety of procedures and protocols surrounding the current situation so to ensure the well-being and safety of students, parents and instructors here are the details of what we will be doing and below that are some simple rules for all of us to follow. This is an exciting new beginning and if, as in lockdown, we continue to work together we will all enjoy a long a happy future for the school.
Here are the procedures we have in place
- We will have a ‘Hygiene Station’ in place with masks, gloves and hand sanitiser but we do advise that students bring their own masks and hand sanitiser with them
- Before and after every class we will be cleaning surfaces with anti-bacterial wipes, during ‘Phase 1’ we will not be using any equipment or mitts/pads
- We will have a one-way system in place so when students are asked to come in they will be guided through one door and shown to their socially distanced spots on the floor, then at the end of the class students will then be guided to the exit for safe pick-up
- Everyone will need to observe social distancing
- The toilets that are available are the cricket toilets located at the front of the building, there is a one-in-one out rule, toilets are marked Male and Female
- We will also be carrying out regular risk assessments to put student’s and parent’s peace of mind
- We have completed Basic First Aid and Covid-19 courses in preparation for re-opening
On arrival to classes
- Students, you will need to arrive ready in your uniform
- Students and parents will need to arrive no more than 5 minutes early for classes, this is to avoid waiting time and congestion outside the classroom area
- Parents and students will need to wait outside, social distanced until students are called into the classroom and guided to their spots
- We are not allowed any spectators in the classroom during the lessons so parents will need to either wait outside, socially distanced or in their cars. Please keep in mind that there may be other parents with children attending other clubs at Horntye
- Students will be shown to the ‘Hygiene Station’ on arrival with hand-sanitiser, masks and gloves
- Students will then be guided to their spots to maintain a safe distance while training and must remain at their spot throughout the duration of the class
- Students must wear sensible training shoes or plimsolls. No bare feet allowed!
- If you bring a bottle of water please keep it close to your spot because for the safety of classmates we cannot allow students to wander around the classroom to retrieve their drinks
- At the end of class, students will need to wait for the instructors to guide them to the exit for safe pick-up
- Please try not to touch anything on the way in or out of class
- If you feel in any way unwell during the class it’s very important that tell your instructor and your parent will be notified immediately
- Parents need to arrive promptly at the exit door to collect children at the end of their class
- If you or your child feel in any way unwell before class it’s very important that you remain at home
It’s also important to note: we will be continuing our online Zoom lessons at the same time as the physical classes from Horntye Park. The Zoom classes will be available for any student who is vulnerable or not ready to return to physical class, no students in the classroom at Horntye will be shown on camera in a Zoom live class. The camera on the laptop will be facing us, the instructors only. Online lessons will also be helpful for students who may find it difficult to attend due to other commitments. We will also be continuing to maintain our fully interactive website including the training videos, online grading forms and everything else that has now become available to students during lockdown.
Thank you all for your constant support and encouragement during this challenging time.