With more freedoms being allowed to us we are now able to get back to more traditional Kung Fu training methods in class. Whilst we are back at Horntye Park in person we are still streaming classes live just in case students have other commitments, are poorly or have need to self-isolate due to Covid. We will be remaining vigilant in maintaining our procedures and safety protocols following government guidance so that we can ensure the safety of students, families, on-site staff and instructors. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the guidance below before you attend any of our classes. If we continue to work together and use our common sense this will hopefully ensure a long a happy future for our school.
Current procedures in place
- ‘Hygiene Station’ will remain in place with gloves, tissues, hand sanitiser and face masks.
- Before and after every class we are cleaning all surfaces with anti-bacterial wipes.
- All equipment is sanitised after every use.
- We are inviting students into class when the classroom is cleaned and ready after each class.
- Depending on how busy classes are, during high attendance we advise that students maintain a metre distance where possible.
- Toilet facilities are available, they are located at the front of the building or upstairs inside the main building.
- Instructors will continue to carry out regular risk assessments as situations arise at Horntye Park and government guidance changes to give all student’s and their families peace of mind – our current risk assessment is available below.
- Instructors have completed Basic First Aid and Covid-19 courses and hold certifications.
- All students and *free trial students attending classes will need to complete our Student Consent form and Online Training Waiver. *Free trial students need only complete the Online Training Waiver and only if they are attending classes online; this is part of our online safety to protect student’s privacy.
- We are now paperless so all payments, direct debit mandates, grading forms and communications are controlled online
Upon arrival to classes
- Students will need to arrive ready in Kung Fu uniform, students are not permitted to change clothing or footwear in the classroom area.
- Students and parents will need to arrive no more than 5 minutes early for classes, this is to avoid waiting times.
- Parents and students will need to wait outside until students are invited into the classroom.
- We are not permitting any spectators into the classroom during lessons so parents/guardians will need to either wait outside, upstairs in the main building where they can buy snacks and drinks or in their cars.
- Students will be shown to the ‘Hygiene Station’ on arrival to make use of the hand-sanitiser, masks if required, gloves and tissues will be provided if the student requests.
- Students must wear sensible training shoes or plimsolls. No bare feet allowed!
- If you bring a bottle of water please keep it close to your spot because for the safety of classmates we cannot allow students to wander around the classroom to retrieve their drinks.
- At the end of class, students will need to wait for the instructors to guide them to the exit door for safe pick-up.
- Parents need to arrive promptly at the exit door to collect children at the end of their class.
- If you or your child feel in any way unwell before class it’s vital that you remain at home – students can join an online lesson if they do feel well enough.
- If you feel in any way unwell during the class it’s very important that tell your instructor and your parent will be notified immediately.
- In the event of Basic First Aid needing to be carried out in a lesson our safety protocols will be followed. Both instructors and students will wear a mask, gloves and eye protection to ensure everyone’s safety.
- Attendance is recorded for every class using our online NEST attendance system so that in the event of a student confirming they have tested positive for Covid-19, we will then be able to contact all parents/guardians with whom the student has been in contact with. We will then follow the NHS track and trace protocol as advised by the Government. The student will then need to self-isolate for 10 days.
- Should you feel ill or experience any symptoms of Covid-19 YOU MUST seek medical advice by calling 111, or by using the NHS 111 Online system, or get in touch with your GP. It is important to remember that if you need to or have been advised to do a PCR test while having symptoms of Covid-19 within 48 hours of attending our classes please keep us informed if it is positive or negative. We will not disclose any personal information about any student being tested. If the test is positive the instructors and the student will need to follow the NHS Track and Trace protocols as mentioned above.
It’s also important to remember that we will be continuing to live stream our classes online using Zoom at the same time as the in-person classes from Horntye Park. The online classes will be available to any student who cannot attend in person, no students in the classroom at Horntye will be shown on camera in a Zoom live class. The camera on the laptop will be facing us, the instructors only. Online lessons will also be helpful for students who may find it difficult to attend due to other family/work commitments. We will also be continuing to maintain our fully interactive website including the training videos, online grading forms and everything else that has now become available to students during the lockdowns.
Thank you all for your constant support and encouragement during this challenging time, it is much appreciated.
here is a copy of OUR RISK ASSESSMENT – Updated 14th september 2020
Where do you want to go now?